Custom Search

Saturday, October 11, 2008

Was there any point in your life when you've felt you weren't lucky enough?

I wasn't able to blog for the past week since I've been up to doing school stuffs- even at home. To be honest, this semester was one of the most grueling times I've had in the course of my study. Though I have not given up, I complained about having an unfair and inconsiderate professor as our biggest impediment as students. But not until I watched a documentary featuring children who usually go swimming about a kilometer just to be able to go to school. You must have oftentimes been annoyed by traffic and floods but can you imagine the risk those children might have gone through especially during a sulky weather? I've felt a feeling of mixed admiration and pity for them. Pity was obvious. Admiration was due to eagerness of having to swim with risky water in the hope of reaching something that could eventually change their lives.- forever. If you're someone who easily gives up pursuing your studies just because you don't like your classmates, you're not the best in class, you're not the teacher's pet, you want to skip classes, you hate your teachers, you don't have new bags, or simply because you feel sloth, realize how blessed you are and how you take those things for granted. Learn to open your eyes and you will see all that life has offered you.

Now... feel less fortunate?

No comments: